Monday, September 12, 2011

First post...

Trying to put all of my thoughts down in one place has been a problem since I lost Mark on July 30, 2011. Seems like an eternity, but it was "only" seven weeks ago today that he had his seemingly-routine surgery.

Since his death, I've written extensively on Facebook, in emails, in 2 different journals, and on scraps of paper. I know that I need to consolidate these thoughts & feelings, if not for me, for our sons, Andrew and Benjamin, who will maybe someday want to read this history of their dad's untimely, unfortunate death, and the tale of the unimagined, unexpected journey that Mark's death has forged as our path.

My main source of healing thus far has been expressing my feelings on Facebook. I also took over Mark's weekly outdoor column at the Wichita Falls Time Record News as of September 8th. This is a way I can honor him, keep my promise to him to continue to instill a love of nature & the outdoors
in both boys, and maybe experience some peace and healing for myself & for us as a family.
Here are the links to the first week's columns:

http://www.timesrecordnews.com/news/2011/sep/08/wife-keeps-outdoors-writers-spirit-alive/?cid=Facebook

http://www.timesrecordnews.com/news/2011/sep/08/beginning-an-unexpected-journey-in-the-outdoors/



We'll see how this goes....

Nancy

1 comment:

Kathy Howell said...

Nancy, it's so generous of you to do this, for the boys and for your huge family that you acknowledge so beautifully in a later post.

Christmas, 2012

Christmas, 2012